Key consistency checks
requirement has been approved by Jonathan McDowell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
4 years, 11 months ago.
process has been closed by noodles on
2017-12-24: no further modifications are possible.
Every Debian member needs a GPG key of sufficient strength. In addition, all keys should be certified
so we can link them to a real-world identity.
The normal requirements are:
- the key should be type RSA and version 4 or greater
- the key should have the sign, certify and encrypt capabilities (subkeys are encouraged)
- the primary cryptographic material should be at least 4096 bits
- the UIDs used by an applicant to work in the project should be signed by at least two existing Debian members (1 for DM applications)
- as an alternative to the previous requirement, the key can be endorsed (see link at the bottom of the page) by multiple Debian Members (the number of required endorsements depends on the endorsement's age and nature)
- pseudonyms or anonymity are acceptable in certain circumstances
If the key does not meet these requirements, and you would struggle to create one which does, contact Front Desk.
Keys are first searched in
hkps://keyring.debian.org. If no key is found,
then the key will be imported from
hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com/. Please ensure that you
have sent your key to Ubuntu's key server. Sending public keys to keyring.debian.org will only work if your
key is already in Debian's keyring and will only be taken into account after the Keyring Maintainers
updated it. For Debian Maintainers and Developers, please remember to send your key to both servers.
This check will be approved manually by Front Desk as the application progresses.
Key check results
||B021 2779 B9AE 294D 1EF7 E676 914F 8334 3720 4C75
ok (last updated: 2022-12-05 03:14 UTC)
|UID Nico Schlömer <nico.schloemer, gmail.com>
ok, 1 non-DD sigs,
3 DD sigs:
- E083EC151231C465: Jan Hauke Rahm <email@example.com>
- 74263B37F5B5F913: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz (Freie Universitaet Berlin) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 4B043FCDB9444540: Mattia Rizzolo <email@example.com>
Active key endorsements