Key consistency checks
This requirement looks incomplete.
- no UID found that fully satisfies requirements
Every Debian member needs a GPG key of sufficient strength. In addition, all keys should be certified
so we can link them to a real-world identity.
The normal requirements are:
- the key should be type RSA and version 4 or greater
- the key should have the sign, certify and encrypt capabilities (subkeys are encouraged)
- the primary cryptographic material should be at least 4096 bits
- the UIDs used by an applicant to work in the project should be signed by at least two existing Debian members (1 for DM applications)
- as an alternative to the previous requirement, the key can be endorsed (see link at the bottom of the page) by multiple Debian Members (the number of required endorsements depends on the endorsement's age and nature)
- pseudonyms or anonymity are acceptable in certain circumstances
If the key does not meet these requirements, and you would struggle to create one which does, contact Front Desk.
Keys are first searched in
hkps://keyring.debian.org. If no key is found,
then the key will be imported from
hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com/. Please ensure that you
have sent your key to Ubuntu's key server. Sending public keys to keyring.debian.org will only work if your
key is already in Debian's keyring and will only be taken into account after the Keyring Maintainers
updated it. For Debian Maintainers and Developers, please remember to send your key to both servers.
This check will be approved manually by Front Desk as the application progresses.
Key check results
||2C41 D17C B7B8 4BD0 F9FB 51B3 6806 68AE 907F 101D
ok (last updated: 2021-07-04 08:41 UTC)
|UID Fabio Fantoni <fantonifabio, tiscali.it>
ok, 0 non-DD sigs,
0 DD sigs:
|UID Fabio Fantoni <fabio.fantoni, m2r.biz>
ok, 0 non-DD sigs,
0 DD sigs:
Active key endorsements
(1 month ago)
I have been working with Fabio Fantoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(key 2C41D17CB7B84BD0F9FB51B3680668AE907F101D) over the last
3 years within the Debian Cinnamon Team and he has
consistently contributed high quality packaging and triaging work.
His technical skills are excellent, as well as his attention to
details in the packaging.
He recently started working with gpg, so his keys are new and don't have
the necessary signatures, but I have checked that he can encrypt,
decrypt, and sign messages using the key listed above.
Due to the long-term interactions we had, I'm convinced that Fabio Fantoni as they
present themselves on nm.debian.org is the rightful owner of both email
email@example.com and the GPG key listed above.
Signed with key F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
||I'm afraid preining's key endorsement is not good enough for us. your gpg key has been created only on 2021-06-20, only 2 days before the endorsement. There is no way a key endorsement make any sense so soon: remember that a key endorsement is a recognization of a *long term* interaction *that used that key*, which obviously didn't happen here.
Let's continue via email, since I have a suggestion.
Do you have plans to eventually meet some Debian Members who could sign your key?