Key consistency checks
requirement has been approved by Pierre-Elliott Bécue <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 year ago.
process has been closed by noodles on
2021-06-23: no further modifications are possible.
Every Debian member needs a GPG key of sufficient strength. In addition, all keys should be certified
so we can link them to a real-world identity.
The normal requirements are:
- the key should be type RSA and version 4 or greater
- the key should have the sign, certify and encrypt capabilities (subkeys are encouraged)
- the primary cryptographic material should be at least 4096 bits
- the UIDs used by an applicant to work in the project should be signed by at least two existing Debian members (1 for DM applications)
- as an alternative to the previous requirement, the key can be endorsed (see link at the bottom of the page) by multiple Debian Members (the number of required endorsements depends on the endorsement's age and nature)
- pseudonyms or anonymity are acceptable in certain circumstances
If the key does not meet these requirements, and you would struggle to create one which does, contact Front Desk.
Keys are first searched in
hkps://keyring.debian.org. If no key is found,
then the key will be imported from
hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com/. Please ensure that you
have sent your key to Ubuntu's key server. Sending public keys to keyring.debian.org will only work if your
key is already in Debian's keyring and will only be taken into account after the Keyring Maintainers
updated it. For Debian Maintainers and Developers, please remember to send your key to both servers.
This check will be approved manually by Front Desk as the application progresses.
Key check results
||303F 687A 4EFC B1AE 7C1A 35A3 B700 173F BB80 5A29
ok (last updated: 2021-07-15 02:28 UTC)
|UID Daniel Swarbrick <daniel.swarbrick, cloud.ionos.com>
ok, 0 non-DD sigs,
2 DD sigs:
- 159EB5C4EFC8774C: Benjamin Drung <email@example.com>
- C72B51EE9D80F36D: Arno Töll <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|UID Daniel Swarbrick <daniel.swarbrick, ionos.com>
ok, 0 non-DD sigs,
0 DD sigs:
Active key endorsements
||Replied directly by email. But you'll still need another signature for your application to proceed.
||I have acquired one signature so far (from bdrung) and resent my public key to keys.gnupg.net. After waiting a few hours, I clicked the "update" button here, but the signature hasn't registered yet. Maybe the key hasn't synchronized yet?
Thanks for applying to become a Debian Developer!
To proceed you'll need to have your GPG key signed by other Debian Developers (at least two).