Key consistency checks
requirement has been approved by Pierre-Elliott Bécue <email@example.com>
3 years, 3 months ago.
process has been closed by noodles on
2020-11-20: no further modifications are possible.
Every Debian member needs a GPG key of sufficient strength. In addition, all keys should be certified
so we can link them to a real-world identity.
The normal requirements are:
- the key should be type RSA and version 4 or greater
- the key should have the sign, certify and encrypt capabilities (subkeys are encouraged)
- the primary cryptographic material should be at least 4096 bits
- the UIDs used by an applicant to work in the project should be signed by at least two existing Debian members (1 for DM applications)
- as an alternative to the previous requirement, the key can be endorsed (see link at the bottom of the page) by multiple Debian Members (the number of required endorsements depends on the endorsement's age and nature)
- pseudonyms or anonymity are acceptable in certain circumstances
If the key does not meet these requirements, and you would struggle to create one which does, contact Front Desk.
Keys are first searched in
hkps://keyring.debian.org. If no key is found,
then the key will be imported from
hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com/. Please ensure that you
have sent your key to Ubuntu's key server. Sending public keys to keyring.debian.org will only work if your
key is already in Debian's keyring and will only be taken into account after the Keyring Maintainers
updated it. For Debian Maintainers and Developers, please remember to send your key to both servers.
This check will be approved manually by Front Desk as the application progresses.
Key check results
|563E 5D5F F3F9 3017 FB3D E27D 4C99 693A 5941 C02F
ok (last updated: 2024-02-23 12:16 UTC)
|UID Francis Murtagh (Arm) <francis.murtagh, arm.com>
ok, 0 non-DD sigs,
1 DD sigs:
- FB863251A86F9E47: Wookey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Active key endorsements
(3 years, 3 months ago)
I have signed Francis Murtagh's key 4C99 693A 5941 C02F after checking
who he was by email, videocall and long-term interaction. (Meeting in
person not possible due to being in different countries combined with
the plague restrictions).
(for nm.debian.org 2020-11-16)
Signed with key 4789 EF23 C3DE FF05 5687 9CAA FB86 3251 A86F 9E47
|Thanks for applying to become a DM. Please, note that your key needs to be signed by at least one DD, and/or endorsed.