Declaration of intent
The most important requirement for changing status in Debian is to make sure that a person actually intends to do so.
requirement has been approved by Housekeeping Robot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
6 months, 3 weeks ago.
process has been closed by noodles on
2021-05-20: no further modifications are possible.
I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.
I'm a Debian user, and Debian is my main OS, since 1999 and a Debian
Maintainer since last year.
My professional career is focused in IT Infrastructure and Debian has
always been an important part of it.
Some of the Debian related work I've been doing in my job include:
- - Customize a Debian install to use in the company's desktops;
- - Create and maintain customized packages for desktop and server in a local
- - Create documentation and material to provide basic Debian courses to new
- - Administrate several Debian servers providing a great variety of services
such as DHCP, DNS, web servers, proxy, samba, nextcloud and many others.
My work in Debian:
- - I maintain the following packages as a Debian Maintainer: dhex, eqonomize,
etktab, ipcalc-ng, ipqalc, mpack, openresolv, puzzle-jigsaw, qcalcfilehash
- - I'm also reintroducing the x-tile package to Debian;
- - I did several QA work on orphaned packages;
- - Some Debian web pages translation with the Localization Team for Brazilian
The main reason to become a DD uploading is to be able to upload new
packages myself, but here's what I intend to do as a Debian Developer
(if my application is approved):
- - Increase greatly the QA work I already do with orphaned packages since I
won't have to bother others to sponsor my work;
- - Help to bring new people to contribute to Debian;
- - Help people that are already contributing, acting as a sponsor for people
that send their packages to Debian Mentors, reviewing and helping then to
improve the quality of their work before uploading the package to the
- - General bug fixing.
Signed with key 9730 4066 E5AE FAC2 2683 D03D 4FB3 B4D3 7EF6 3B2E
||New statement received, the requirement seems satisfied
||Added a new statement